Monday, September 01, 2008

New Book "All Belgian Beers"

I've been meaning to this update for a while now, and I think it's about time I did. (especially before this book gets a few notes written in it!)

While over in Belgium last month, I managed to purchase a copy of this very useful (and quite hefty!) publication called "All Belgian Beers". It claims to be the MUST HAVE book for any Belgian beer enthusiast, and I have to agree.



With 1568 pages, and reviews with glorious photos of more than 750 beers, this is a fantastic book indeed. The above photo I think shows just how bulky the book is. Unfortunately it's not something that can go in your pocket!

Each 2 page review has details of each beer's fermentation type, style, brewery, ingredients, alcohol percentage, tasting notes, and even a description of how to serve and the correct temperature to serve at. The full colour photos are truly wonderful and shows each beer in the bottle with it's correct glass.


Also included in the book are beer style descriptions, and also brewery addresses so you can plan your visit to your favourite brewery!

This is a immensely useful book for any person interested in the delights of Belgian Beer.

It's available from the Brugs Beertje bar in Brugge, any good specialist beer shop in Belgium, and even Amazon.co.uk on the internet. Current cost is around 35 Euros (29 Pounds).

My advice.......get your copy now!

Cheers.

Carl Dickson.