Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ipswich Beer Festival 2008 Photos

Photos from the open days of the Ipswich Beer Festival 2008 can be found by clicking the links below.

Wednesday 24th September

Thursday 25th September

Friday 26th September

Saturday 27th September


My thoughts. It certainly was another great festival. I thoroughly enjoyed working at the German Bar, and was very pleased to be allowed to manage the bar towards the end of the festival. This involved helping Olaf to decide which beers to put on, flushing the font taps, and changing the beer kegs.

Friday night was an absolute joy. So much fun was had with the German oompah band "Alpengold Blaskapelle", who not only played German music but also English party anthems too! I will never forget dancing to the oompah band's version of "The Music Man" along with several lines of customers and making the lead musician fall apart with laughter!!! It was a fantastic evening's entertainment.

Saturday night was the ABBA themed night and I spent all of that evening working behind the German bar, as I'm not much of an ABBA fan! It was VERY busy, but sadly we didn't sell all of the beer which was a bit of a shame.

So that's it now, the festival is over for another year. Thanks to all who visited and helped out during the week.

How do we improve on this for next year, I don't know. But I know one thing for sure.....Olaf, myself, and all that great German beer will hopefully be back!!!

Cheers! Prost!

Carl.