It's not long now until that time of year when my local branch of CAMRA turns the Corn Exchange building in Ipswich into a giant pub! Yes the Ipswich Beer Festival is coming up next month (24th - 27th September), and due to the success of the German Bar last year, we will be once again serving German beers this year.
Also a date for your diary is Friday 26th September. On that day we are proud to be able to bring you another German Oompah Band for the evening entertainment. Plus not forgetting that yours truly will be donning the lederhosen again for that one day only!
The German Beer List for this year's festival has recently been received, and I must say that it looks pretty good. Speciality beers from the Rhein-Ruhr, Franconia, and Bavaria regions, including plenty of Weissbier (wheat beer) too.
Now if anyone wants a sneak peak of the beer list, I will have the list with me during the summer beer festival at the Dove Street Inn in Ipswich next week. I will be there on Thursday evening (28th Aug), Friday evening (29th Aug), and Saturday afternoon (30th Aug).
Cheers!
Carl Dickson.